Using Katmandoo | Quick Start Guide
| How-to | Task
Menu | Table of Contents |
See Also |
Katmandoo has following database tools in the [ Tools > Database ] menu:
Compact (Shrink) Current Database
Use [ Tools > Database > Compact (shrink) Current Database ] when you
are absolutely sure that you do not need to rollback any previous transactions of
the currently selected
because this process deletes all the transaction log to shrink the
This task also resets next value for all the Auto-number columns in the Current
Use [ Tools > Database > Clone Database ] to physically clone an currently
database and attached to the same database server.
- Entire databse structure, permissions and data of the current database is copied
to the new database.
- The new database will be stored in the same location (folder) of the current database.
Important Note: Please make sure that
the current database is NOT used by any other user or programs in your computer
(except Katmandoo). If the "new database name" already exist, then the process will
- Current database use. This database will be cloned.
- Enter new database name (using the suggested naming guideline).
- Enter login name. If the database is located in your computer enter [ sa ].
The login name is used to connect to the database (so its not your login or user name).
- Enter login password. If the database is located in your computer enter [ rescue12
] (assuming that the database password has not been change).
- Click it to clone the current database (ie "KBDMS_PlantAgronomy").
Upgrade Current Database Schema
Use [ Tools > Database > Upgrade Current Database Schema ] to run upgrade
a Katmandoo database to its latest schema. If you are not sure, then you can re-run
this taks as Katmandoo upgrade only those schema that have not been upgraded yet.
Click on "Yes" on following dialog.
If the database has already been upgraded, following dialog will appear. Click on
"Yes" to continue to upgrade.
Once the database is upgraded successfully, Katmandoo would confirm whether to compact
the database as well. Click on "Yes".
Execute SQL Script
Use [ Tools > Database > Execute SQL Script in Current Database ] to run data
manipulation script to fix data in the currently
. It should be used ONLY to execute the SQL Script created
by the Katmandoo Project team.
- YOU MUST BACKUP DATABASE FILES (use winzip or copy to another folder) BEFORE RUNNING
- IF YOU ARE RUNNING
YOUR OWN SCRIPT THEN YOU MAY DAMANAGE THE DATABASE!!!
Use [ Tools > Database > Switch Database ] to display
to change current database. The login form allows user to change
the database name using his/her user name and password. User can click on [ Cancel
] in the login form
to terminate the
process and return to Katmandoo.
Suppose, a user has logged into Katmandoo using database "Katmandoo2_2". To switch
to another database "Katmandoo2Demo" (or any other database available), user
can use [ Tools > Database > Switch Database ].