Site year record is created for each
site for the year when there is a trial in the site. For example, if a site has
trial in 2001 and 2005, then site year record for 2001 and 2005 only are added into
Site Year can be added using one of the following processes;
Year when the trial was done in the site. So, site year record for a year must exist
before trial for the year in the site can be added in the database.
Site year should be in between start
year of the Sub-system
Current Year of the Sub-system
Note: Import Trial adds Site
year records as required.
A site can have more than one site manager in a year. For the agronomy trials, the
site manager is either cooperator or owner of the site.When a new site year is added,
the current site manager
of the site
is used as default site manager for the year but it can be changed as required.
Each site year record has a meteorology station which is used to provide meterology
information. When a new site year is added, the
current meteorology station
of the site is used as default meteorology station
for the site but it can be changed as required.
Annual Rainfall information
The rainfall information are stored as factor data in the SiteYearFactor table.
The rain fall information can be entered in the second page of the
Site Year Setup Form
Identification Number that uniquely identifies a Site Year Row (Site Id + SiteYear
Id that identifies the site of the site year record.
Year in which is done on this site.
Id that identifies the site manager of the site for the year.
Id that identifies the meteorology station used for the year.
Alternate Key (AK1):
Site + Year + Site Manager uniquely identifies a site year.
The database has SiteYearFactor table that is used to store data of
(such as annual rainfall
) for site year.
Following information must exist before a site year records can be added into the
- Site: Site information must exist in the database before
the site year record can be added.
- Contact: The site manager name must exist
in the Contact table. If the site manager information is
not available, then Unknown Contact should be used.
- Meteorology Station: The meteorology station name
must exist in the met-station table. If the meterology information is
not available, then Unknown Meteorology Station should be
for the information on site navigator.
To display site years in the Site Year Main Form, follow the steps below:
- The selected site node (ie
Cowra Research Station) in the Site Navigator.
- The Site Year Main Form is displaying the site year for the selected site (Cowra
- Use [ View > Arrange columns in Main Form ] to change default order of displayed.
Alternately it can be changed by
editing the column list of the Misc Group SiteYearSetupDataGrid.
- Click here for
an illustration of the main form template.
- Site Year subform displays Virtual column information
of the selected site year (ie Cowra Research Station
and 2007 in the snapshot).
- Datagrid (read-only) displays trials of the selected site year (2007) of Cowra Research Station.
To merge data of a site year record (Site + Year + Site Manager) into another site
year record, use Use [ Record > Merge Site Year Data ] in the
Site Year main form
Because of the trial acronym
merging site year within Site and Year only is allowed. As shown in the following
snapshot, "BIRCHIP CROPPING GROUP | 2001 | UNKNOWN XXX@UNKN0" is being merged into
"BIRCHIP CROPPING GROUP | 2001 | BIRCHIP CROPPING GROUP XXX". In this case
the site year record is different by the Site Manager
- Read this important note!
- Master Site Year is the one that will hold data of the Slave Site Year.
- Master SiteYearId replaces all the Slave SiteYearIds in the database.
- Slave Site Year.
- Slave SiteYearId
- Authorised token
- User must enter the exact authorised token
(case-sensitive) to merge data
- Tips: Copy the token to a text file. Next time, copy the token from the text file
and pasting here.
- After carefully entering all the required information, click [ Merge... ] button.
- Site Manager, Meteorology Station and other information
of the Slave Site Year stored in Site Year virtual column
will be lost.
- THIS PROCESS CAN NOT BE ROLLED-BACK!